Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Holidays

This year was a fantastic holiday.
Zanzibar
Zanzibar was amazing and I visited the spice farm. I learned alot of new things while on holiday. On the way back, the waves were large and the boat was rocking very hard. I made a fool out of myself by standing at the back where I got splashed with water. My friend dared me to stay at the back. The only thing was that the water was salty, so I wore my sunglasses. In the end I broke them and my friend made me the biggest idiot. I will have to think twice if anyone dares me!!!
On the way to Dubai
The flight from Dar to Dubai was easy and it took only five hours. After that I spent 2 hours at the airport. At the airport I went through the duty free shops and two hours went very quickly.
The flight from Dubai to London was very long and tiring.
I have two aunts in the UK with 3 kids each. That comes to six cousins. My older aunt lives in Leicester, and my younger aunt is in London.When I arrived at London, even in the summer it was cold. My uncle and aunt were very pleased to meet me. They had come to Iringa 14 years ago. Two of my cousins are in London older than me and are in university. One is twelve years old. On the first day we stayed only for a few hours before going to Leicester to my older aunt, which is 200km north of London.
I was so exhausted that the only thing I could do was sleep. I met three of my older cousins who are all married. The exciting thing was that I visited twin lakes where there was large fun fare with rides on the roller coaster, slides, bumper boats. This made me feel as if I was very young again. There my mothers and sisters did a lot of shopping.
London was very exciting and we visited Buckingham palace, and other tourist attractions such as Hyde Park, Thames etc.
My youngest cousin liked copying Arnold Swazzchhniger and he would come up with phrases such as 'who is your daddy, and what does he do' or 'you lack discipline'
Dubai
On the way back, I stayed in Dubai for three days with my family. We went in a desert safari in 47C. Riding a camel was scary and when it got up, I wasn't ready and I almost fell off.
This was the holiday that I will never forget in my life.

1 comment: